This is a nice sweet, salty salad with a bit of a nutty undertone, thanks to the walnut oil. No dressing required. Just spoon the chickpea mixture over top of fresh, bright baby greens, and enjoy!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- 6 pitted kalamata olives or chalkidiki (Inolivia), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby greens (I used spinach, frisee and arugula.)
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, raisins, red pepper, olives, parsley and scallions. Pour the olive oil over top and season with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Divide the greens among 4 bowls. Top with the chickpea salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: so hungry I could blog