The two moms behind the name – Shari Koolik Leidich and Marsha Koolik – joined 9NEWS on Monday to share three recipes you can find in their new cookbook:
Creamy Olive and Artichoke Dip
Sandwich spread? Dip? You get to choose! You’ll never find me without a few jars of artichoke hearts in the house, and this dip is the number-one reason why. In five minutes, you’ve got an appetizer that tastes so creamy, you’d swear it’s really fattening or loaded with yogurt or mayo – or both. Neither could be further from the truth! Add to that the nutritional advantages: Artichokes are near the top of the USDA’s list of antioxidant-rich foods, and they also contain fiber, folate, and vitamins C and K. So dip, dip, dip away to your heart’s content. (Makes 2 cups)
- 2 (14-ounce) jars water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, preferably Castelvetrano variety
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- In a blender, pulse the artichokes, water, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper until chunky-smooth, 10-15 pulses.
- Add the olives and oregano and pulse until slightly smoothed out, 5 to 10 pulses.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.